S. Korea sets new window for rocket launch
SEOUL (AFP) - South Korea said on Monday that it would make another attempt to send a satellite into space next month, after a scheduled rocket launch last week was cancelled because of a technical glitch.
A Science Ministry statement said the 140-tonne Korea Space Launch Vehicle-1 (KSLV-1) would blast off sometime during a November 9-24 window from the Naro Space Centre on the south coast.
The launch had been slated for last Friday, but was cancelled after engineers detected a broken rubber seal in the connector between the launch pad and the rocket's first stage.
After two previous failures in 2009 and 2010, the current launch is considered crucial for South Korea's efforts to join an elite space club that includes Asian powers China, Japan and India.