Fire breaks out in Ghim Moh flat on Tuesday
Another home of an elderly hoarder caught fire early Tuesday morning, causing thick black smoke to billow out of the Ghim Moh flat.
The fire was believed to have started from items collected over the years by a 62-year-old man living in the flat.
His wife, Madam Joyce Ting, said that her husband - whom she did not want to name - is mentally unsound and has been hoarding items such as cardboard boxes and other junk since they moved into the flat 18 years ago.
Some of those items were also placed in their storeroom.