New York court date in Lindsay Lohan car accident case cancelled
NEW YORK (REUTERS) - Embattled United States (US) actress Lindsay Lohan appears to be off the hook after being arrested for leaving the scene of an accident last month when her Porsche allegedly clipped a pedestrian in an alley behind an upscale Manhattan hotel.
New York prosecutors said Lohan's scheduled court appearance on Tuesday had been cancelled. No future court date was scheduled, an indication the district attorney has decided not to move forward with the case.
"Apparently prosecutors agreed that there wasn't enough to proceed." said Lohan's spokesman, Mr Steve Honig. "This turned out to be nothing just like we said from the very beginning."
The 26-year-old actress, who has been in and out of court, rehab and prison since a 2007 drunk driving arrest in Los Angeles, was charged on Sept 19 with a misdemeanor after a man said he had been hit by the actress' car behind the Dream hotel.