Sting forces venue switch in Philippines tree row
MANILA (AFP) - Rock superstar Sting has forced organisers to move his planned one-night show in the Philippines to another Manila venue amid a spat over pine trees involving the original hosts, it was announced on Friday.
The Manila leg of his Back to Bass Tour on Dec 9 will now be hosted by Araneta Coliseum, instead of Mall of Asia Arena as originally announced, said his official website www.sting.com.
Earlier in the day, the local concert promoters informed the Arena that Sting had called off his show there, Arena general manager Arnel Gonzales said.
Sting announced his decision after learning that pine trees growing outside a provincial shopping mall owned by the same holding company that owns Arena were being removed for an expansion programme, Mr Gonzales added.