The Straits Times
www.straitstimes.com
Published on Oct 19, 2012
 

New Jersey F1 race to be postponed to June 2014

 
 

LONDON (REUTERS) - Next year's inaugural Grand Prix of America in New Jersey will be postponed to 2014 because local organisers will not be ready in time, Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone told Reuters on Friday.

"They've run out of time," said the 81-year-old. "There's all sorts of things...and they didn't quite think it all through. They've had a wake-up call but the wake-up call came too late."

The waterfront race, with the New York skyline as a backdrop, had been pencilled in for June 16 next year.