NBC renews The Voice for 2 more seasons
LOS ANGELES (REUTERS) - NBC said on Tuesday it had ordered two more seasons of its hit television singing contest The Voice for the spring and fall of 2013.
"This pickup will assure the many dedicated Voice fans that this innovative show will continue to bring some of the most talented new voices to the world's attention through all of next year," NBC entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt said in a statement.
The Voice, which debuted as a spring show in 2011, moved to a twice a year cycle earlier this month, where it is watched by more than 12 million Americans and has drawn bigger audiences than Fox television's revamped The X Factor.
NBC, which is majority-owned by Comcast, announced last week that singers Shakira and Usher will take the places of celebrity judges Cee Lo Green and Christina Aguilera when the show returns in the spring of 2013.