LOS ANGELES (AFP) - US boxer Floyd Mayweather says he is willing to fight Manny Pacquiao next May in a blockbuster world title fight but only if he receives a much bigger share of the purse.
Speaking to Showtime Sports on Friday night, Mayweather said he wants his next fight to be against Filipino star Pacquiao, who is coming off an impressive win over Chris Algieri last month in Macau, China.
The 37-year-old Mayweather (47-0, 26 KOs) said he is ready to reach out to Pacquiao's people with the hope that the expected richest fight in boxing history can be held on May 2.
"We want the fight, we are ready," Mayweather said. "Let's make it happen on May 2. Mayweather versus Manny Pacquiao. Let's do it.
"I wanted that fight a long time ago and I am just waiting on them."
The two were long-time rivals as the "best pound-for-pound" boxers of their generation, but the dream fight has never materialised to the disappointment of the boxing world.
Mayweather did not go into financial details but, in 2012, there was speculation that a fight between the two could lead to the first US$200 million (S$262 million) purse in boxing history with much of that money coming from pay-per-view sales.