SINGAPORE - The Immigration & Checkpoints Authority of Singapore (ICA) has urged those intending to travel to Malaysia via the Tuas and Woodlands checkpoints this week to plan their trips carefully.
As this Thursday (Sept 24) is Hari Raya Haji, traffic volume at both checkpoints is expected to be heavy from Wednesday all the way to Sunday.
Travellers can expect delays due to traffic build-up from security checks, ICA added.
Motorists can check on the traffic situation before embarking on their journey via the traffic information hotline on 6863-0117 or go to the Land Transport Authority's One Motoring website or the MyTransport.SG portal.
Here are some useful tips when using the checkpoints:
- Travellers are encouraged to car-pool where possible;
- Drivers should maintain lane discipline at all times;
- Eligible users (Singaporeans, Singapore permanent residents and long-term pass holders) are encouraged to use the enhanced Immigration Automated Clearance System (eIACS) lanes at the bus halls for immigration clearance;
- Travellers are to ensure that they are carrying their own and valid passports before presenting them for immigration clearance at the checkpoints;
- Travellers are to make sure that they do not bring unlawful or prohibited goods into or out of Singapore. The list of controlled and prohibited items can be found on ICA's website.