SINGAPORE - The Land Transport Authority (LTA) said on Tuesday that bus interchanges in Sengkang and Tampines will be expanded in size to accommodate more buses.
This is expected to cater for the introduction of new services and the enhancement of existing ones under the Government's ongoing Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), which started in 2012.
The following BSEP services and enhancements have been added to serve Tampines residents to date:
- Express 513 (started Dec 17, 2012): Bus service from Tampines West to Central Business District (CDB)
- Service 4 (March 17, 2013): Bus service from Tampines to Changi North
- Service 20 (June 9, 2013): Bus service from Tampines to Changi Business Park
- Service 291P (June 24, 2014): Peak period short service between Tampines Street 21, 23, 32 and 33, Tampines Avenue 7 and Tampines Bus Interchange
- Service 293P (June 24, 2014): Peak period short service between Tampines Avenue 7 and 9, Tampines Street 41, 42, 43 and 45 and Tampines Bus Interchange
Sengkang residents currently have the following BSEP services:
- Service 371 (Jan 19, 2014): Bus service from Rivervale Crescent to Sengkang MRT Station and Bus Interchange.
- Service 654 (Jan 20, 2014): Bus service from Sengkang to the CBD