Employers now have to report to the Manpower Ministry (MOM) if their injured workers get more than three days of medical leave, even if these were not consecutive days.
The changes came into effect on Monday, Jan 6, said the ministry in a release on Tuesday.
Previously, employers had to report accidents resulting in medical leave of more than three consecutive days. But the ministry found errant bosses dodging this requirement by breaking up injured workers' medical leave.
The ministry said: "The errant practices can obscure the actual severity of the accidents that have occurred and prevent MOM from getting an accurate picture of the reality on the ground."
MOM also announced that companies have to report all work-related traffic accidents to the commissioner for workplace safety and health. This will "emphasise the employers' duty under the workplace safety and health act to manage traffic safety and better track work-related traffic accidents," said the ministry.