JOHOR BARU - Firefighters putting out a blaze in a house in Johor Bahru on Friday morning, March 22, found the body of Singaporean man inside, said Bernama news agency.
The authorities suspect that Mr Koh Kok Leong, in his 30s, died of smoke inhalation.
He was found lying prone in a back room on the upper floor of the double-storey house in Jalan Setia 5/3, Taman Setia Indah.
The firemen, who reached the fire 20 minutes after being informed, had the blaze under control within two minutes, said Johor Jaya Fire and Rescue Station chief Tahrin Saat.
"The fire only involved the master bedroom on the same floor causing about 40 per cent damage," he told reporters at the scene, according to Bernama.
The authorities are investigating the incident.
Mr Koh's body was taken to Sultan Ismail Hospital.