Plans for Ariana Grande September concert in Singapore 'remain unchanged', for now

US singer Ariana Grande performs during the Honeymoon Tour concert in Jakarta, Indonesia on Aug 26, 2015
US singer Ariana Grande performs during the Honeymoon Tour concert in Jakarta, Indonesia on Aug 26, 2015PHOTO: EPA

SINGAPORE - Pop star Ariana Grande has suspended her European tour following the terror attack at her Manchester show on Monday. But plans for her Singapore concert in September "remain unchanged", for now, said Singapore Grand Prix (GP).

The American singer is scheduled to be part of the Sept 16 entertainment lineup during the Formula One Singapore GP later this year.

Responding to queries from The Straits Times about Grande's concert, a Singapore GP spokesman said: "At the moment, we have received no information from her management team on events post June 5. The entertainment line-up therefore remains unchanged."

In a statement to the British press on Wednesday (May 25), tour promoters said that the star's European tour had been cancelled, up to the one planned for June 5 in Switzerland, reported The Guardian.

Tour dates listed on her website also state that her next concert appearance will be on June 7 in Paris, France.

"Due to the tragic events in Manchester, the Dangerous Woman tour with Ariana Grande has been suspended until we can further assess the situation and pay our proper respects to those lost," the tour's promoters said.

 

The promoters added: "We ask at this time that we all continue to support the city of Manchester and all those families affected by this cowardice and senseless violence. Our way of life has once again been threatened but we will overcome this together. Thank you."

Grande had left the stage after performing at the Manchester Arena when the bomb exploded as fans were leaving the sold-out venue.

At least 22 people were killed and 59 injured in the attack.

 

Related Stories: