The row between the top bosses at the Singapore International Festival of Arts appears to have reached a stalemate.
In the latest press statement from the Festival sent today, it said that festival director Ong Keng Sen and chief executive Lee Chor Lin have "agreed on a path forward, focusing on the shared goal of the success of the Festival".
Mr Ong and Ms Lee, both 50, will continue to work on the Festival, it said.
This is the latest development in the stand-off which erupted on Tuesday, when Mr Ong sent an e-mail to Ms Lee, copied to the media and key arts policy makers, alleging that she kept him out of the loop in the production of two festival brochures.
These brochures are the main festival guide and another for pre-festival programme O.P.E.N., which will run from June 26 to July 12. The brochures were to be ready for public distribution next month.
Mr Ong told Life! that he refused to write a message for the festival brochure or work with Ms Lee after the inaugural festival, which starts this August.
Mr Ong, a Cultural Medallion recipient and artistic director of home-grown theatre company TheatreWorks, was appointed last year as the festival director for four editions of the Festival, which is a revamped version of the Singapore Arts Festival, a national arts festival which is being run for the first time by an independent holding company, Arts Festival Limited.
Press statement from the Singapore International Festival Of Arts:Following discussions, Chor Lin and Keng Sen have agreed on a path forward, focusing on the shared goal of the success of the Festival. With the shared goal of working towards the success of the Festival, Keng Sen will continue to direct the Festival into its fruition, together with Chor Lin leading the Festival company.