Man, 24, dies after shards of broken glass cut his throat following fall in shower

Police officers outside the house where a man was killed in a freak accident after his throat was cut by glass from a broken door when he fell in the shower. -- PHOTO: SHIN MIN DAILY 
Police officers outside the house where a man was killed in a freak accident after his throat was cut by glass from a broken door when he fell in the shower. -- PHOTO: SHIN MIN DAILY 

SINGAPORE - A 24-year-old man died on Sunday after shards of glass from a broken shower door had apparently cut his throat.

Chinese evening newspaper Shin Min Daily reported that Mr Sebastian Wong was taking a shower in a flat where his girlfriend lives, when he is believed to have slipped and hit his head against the cubicle's glass door, which shattered.

His girlfriend lives with her grandparents in the flat at Blk 21, Teban Gardens Road.

The family had recounted to Shin Min Daily, the tragic freak incident at the mortuary on Monday morning.

The incident took place at about 8am on Sunday.

The police confirmed with The Straits Times that they had received a call for assistance at 8.03am. When police arrived, Mr Wong was found motionless, and pronounced dead at the scene.

Police have classified the case as an unnatural death, and investigations are ongoing.

jalmsab@sph.com.sg