The police in a press conference on Tuesday evening gave a chronological breakdown of what happened on Sunday night in Little India.
Here is a look at the timeline as told by the police:
- 9:23pm: Police are informed of a serious road traffic accident.
- 9.25pm: Singapore Civil Defence Force are alerted to the incident.
- 9.31pm: First ambulance arrives at the scene.
- 9.37pm: The first police fast response car arrives at the scene.
- 9.38pm: First first engine arrives. A crowd of about 100 have congregated.
- 9.41pm: Police reinforcements start arriving.
- 9.45pm: The crowd has swelled to about 400 by this time.
- 9.54pm: The body of worker is extricated from under the bus. Mob starts pelting emergency officers and are holding dangerous weapons like drain covers.
- 10.11pm: Police shield bus driver and time keeper to ambulance. Mob behaves aggressively and hinders police efforts.
-10.30: First group of Special Operations Command (SOC) officers arrive.
- 10.37pm: Police activate a major recall of patrol cars islandwide. A total of 53 police cars activated.
- 10.44pm: SOC officers get into formation and began to disperse mob. Police arrest suspects.
- 11:45pm: Mob is dispersed.
- 12.01am: Investigations at the scene commence.
- 12.39am: Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean arrives with Deputy Commissioner of Police T. Raja Kumar.
- 5.03am: National Environment Agency begins clean up of site.
- 6.30am: Roads are passable to traffic.