Last person involved in wrecking porridge eatery at Upper Serangoon Road arrested: Police

A 48-year-old man was arrested on Thursday for throwing and damaging items at Heng Long Teochew Porridge restaurant on Saturday (May 27).
A 48-year-old man was arrested on Thursday for throwing and damaging items at Heng Long Teochew Porridge restaurant on Saturday (May 27). PHOTO: SHIN MIN DAILY NEWS

SINGAPORE - The fourth person involved in wrecking a porridge eatery at Upper Serangoon Road has been arrested, the police said in a news release on Thursday (June 1) night.

The 48-year-old man was arrested on Thursday for throwing and damaging items at Heng Long Teochew Porridge restaurant at 1012 Upper Serangoon Road on Saturday (May 27).

He was part of a group of four who overturned their marble-topped table as they were upset at the "expensive" $28 bill. They also allegedly wrecked the serving area with wooden chairs.

If convicted of a rash act with common intention, he can be jailed for up to six months, fined up to $2,500, or both.

Get The Straits Times
newsletters in your inbox

He is also being investigated for an offence of mischief causing damages of $500 or more with common intention.

Mr Yeoh Keng Hock, 53, who was arrested earlier this week, is being investigated.

 
 

If convicted of this, he can be jailed for up to two years and/or fined.

Three others - two men and a woman - were earlier arrested.

 

Pang Pei Pei, 40, and Tan Sung Meng, 46, were each charged on Wednesday (May 31) with one count of committing a rash act by throwing bowls, tables and chairs in the eatery.

 

One of the managers at the eatery told The Straits Times on Wednesday that damages amounted to $5,000 as they had to replace the tables, chairs and broken glass.