These are the plans by several agencies to renew the economy and provide opportunities for all.
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
• Reduce excessive focus onacademic results.
• Primary schools to get boost for arts, music, sports programmes.
• Greater emphasis on non-academic scores for admission to post-secondary institutions.
• More support for workers to upgrade know-how through SkillsFuture.
MINISTRY OF MANPOWER
• Help for companies to strengthen Singaporean core.
• More support for workers to match skills to jobs.
• Re-employment age to go up from 65 to 67 by next year.
• Improvements to Central Provident Fund to be put in place.
• Silver Support Scheme to be rolled out for the elderly poor.
MINISTRY OF TRADEAND INDUSTRY
• Build on strengths in these sectors to support better jobs for Singaporeans:
- advanced manufacturing
- logistics and aerospace
- applied health sciences
- smart and sustainable urban solutions
• Nurture start-ups.
• Help small and medium-sized enterprises restructure and venture abroad.
MONETARY AUTHORITYOF SINGAPORE
• Use technology to boost efficiency, lower costs.
• Develop swift, secure digital and mobile payments.
NATIONAL RESEARCH FOUNDATION
• $19 billion to be set aside for Research, Innovation and Enterprise 2020 plan.