- 1 small round cabbage, cut into 4-6 even wedges, leaving the core intact
- 1/2 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 tbs garlic oil, obtained by infusing fried garlic bits with vegetable oil
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- 1 length of spring onion, chopped
- 2 red or green chillies, sliced
- Heat a cast-iron grill pan over
- high heat till hot.
- Place the cabbage wedges on the pan, leaving them for a few minutes on each side to allow the searing to take place before turning it over.
- When ready, remove the cabbage and place on a serving plate
- Dress the cabbage with a drizzle of garlic oil and some light soya sauce.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion and chilli, and serve immediately with some lemon on the side.
SERVES FOUR TO SIX