PICTURES

Food court at Singapore Polytechnic on fire, woman sent to hospital with burns

Students walk out of the area cordoned off by the police. -- ST PHOTO: KEVIN LIM
Students walk out of the area cordoned off by the police. -- ST PHOTO: KEVIN LIM
Police and Singapore Civil Defence Force personnel at the scene of the fire at a food court in Singapore Polytechnic. -- ST PHOTO: KEVIN LIM
Police and Singapore Civil Defence Force personnel at the scene of the fire at a food court in Singapore Polytechnic. -- ST PHOTO: KEVIN LIM
A policeman at the scene of the fire at a food court in Singapore Polytechnic. -- ST PHOTO: KEVIN LIM
A policeman at the scene of the fire at a food court in Singapore Polytechnic. -- ST PHOTO: KEVIN LIM
Police and Singapore Civil Defence Force personnel at the scene of the fire at a food court in Singapore Polytechnic. -- ST PHOTO: KEVIN LIM
Police and Singapore Civil Defence Force personnel at the scene of the fire at a food court in Singapore Polytechnic. -- ST PHOTO: KEVIN LIM
Police and Singapore Civil Defence Force personnel at the scene of the fire at a food court in Singapore Polytechnic. -- ST PHOTO: KEVIN LIM
Police and Singapore Civil Defence Force personnel at the scene of the fire at a food court in Singapore Polytechnic. -- ST PHOTO: KEVIN LIM
Police and Singapore Civil Defence Force personnel at the scene of the fire at a food court in Singapore Polytechnic. -- ST PHOTO: KEVIN LIM
Police and Singapore Civil Defence Force personnel at the scene of the fire at a food court in Singapore Polytechnic. -- ST PHOTO: KEVIN LIM
A fire broke out at a food court in Singapore Polytechnic on Thursday evening at block T9. -- PHOTO: TWITTER OF JADELIYR
A fire broke out at a food court in Singapore Polytechnic on Thursday evening at block T9. -- PHOTO: TWITTER OF JADELIYR
A fire broke out at a food court in Singapore Polytechnic on Thursday evening at block T9. -- PHOTO: TWITTER OF ALDRENMICHAELKOH
A fire broke out at a food court in Singapore Polytechnic on Thursday evening at block T9. -- PHOTO: TWITTER OF ALDRENMICHAELKOH
A fire broke out at a food court in Singapore Polytechnic on Thursday evening at block T9. -- PHOTO: TWITTER OF IMGONNAANNOYYOU
A fire broke out at a food court in Singapore Polytechnic on Thursday evening at block T9. -- PHOTO: TWITTER OF IMGONNAANNOYYOU
A fire broke out at a food court in Singapore Polytechnic on Thursday evening at block T9. -- PHOTO: TWITTER OF SPLITZOPHRENIC
A fire broke out at a food court in Singapore Polytechnic on Thursday evening at block T9. -- PHOTO: TWITTER OF SPLITZOPHRENIC
A fire broke out at a food court in Singapore Polytechnic on Thursday evening at block T9. -- PHOTO: TWITTER OF SP CONFESSIONS
A fire broke out at a food court in Singapore Polytechnic on Thursday evening at block T9. -- PHOTO: TWITTER OF SP CONFESSIONS

A fire broke out at a food court in Singapore Polytechnic on Thursday evening at block T9, and one woman was sent to hospital with burns.

The blaze - the second on the campus this week - was put out within 10 minutes.

The incident took place at 7.15pm and was said to have started at a stall selling Malay food.

A 45-year-old stall assistant suffered minor injuries to her face and arm.

Mr Lawrence Tay, who operates the food court, said there were no more than 20 customers at the food court at the time.

The fire comes on the back of another one that broke out at an office block on the same campus at Dover Road on Tuesday. No one was injured in that incident.