PICTURES

Five injured after fire breaks out in Tanglin mall switch room

Five men who were checking on an electrical fault at Tanglin mall were injured when a fire broke out in the switch room this morning.

Three of them suffered serious burns to their faces and arms, while one had minor burns, and the other had discomfort in his ear.

The men are aged between their 20s and 60s.

A Singapore Civil Defence Force spokesman said that the fire involved an electrical bulb.

Tenants at the mall said that such electrical faults have been happening since November last year. The mall's main entrance is currently closed to the public, but people are still entering using open entrances.

Register here to get free digital access to The Straits Times until Aug 9, 2015.
Comments