SINGAPORE - A 49-year-old cleaner at a Pasir Ris condominium was injured by flying debris after an explosion by the poolside.
The incident took place at 1.55pm on Saturday afternoon, at an executive condominium along Pasir Ris Drive 1.
Chinese evening daily Lianhe Wanbao reported that the man, who is believed to be from Malaysia, was drawing water from the pool with a pail when the explosion occurred.
Residents said that the chlorinated water from the pool might have sparked a chemical reaction.
The cleaner suffered a head wound but did not lose consciousness. He was taken to Changi General Hospital.