A woman in her 60s and a four-year-old were evacuated from a flat in Punggol on Monday morning after a fire broke out in the flat.
The woman sustained first-degree burns and smoke inhalation and was taken to Singapore General Hospital. The boy suffered from smoke inhalation and was taken to KK Women's and Children's Hospital.
The Singapore Civil Defence Force, together with the police, evacuated residents from three floors at Block 167D Punggol East.
It is understood that the fire involved bedroom contents and was confined to that room.