SINGAPORE - Three readers who download 100 Hot Bods from The Straits Times Star (ST Star) app will each win $500 worth of Under Armour vouchers. The newspaper is giving away the vouchers for the American sports apparel brand, which recently opened its first shop in Singapore at Orchard Gateway.
The new e-book, which is available for free download in the ST Star app for iPad and Android devices, is a compilation of photographs and interviews with 100 people who have appeared in the popular column, which was introduced in The Sunday Times in January 2004.
There are also almost 40 pages of health and fitness tips to help readers eat right, start exercising and get their own hot bod. The stories include tips on staying healthy, food to remove from the kitchen and what to replace them with, a calorie count of 100 popular food items and a four-week get-fit plan for beginners.
For a chance to win the $500 vouchers, please do this:
2. Alternatively, go to the App Store or Google Play and search "The Straits Times Star" to download the ST Star app, which is available for the iPad and Android tablets and smartphones. The app is designed for tablets and optimised for the iPad.
3. Download The Straits Times Star app (search "Straits Times Star").
4. Once you are in the ST Star app, download the 100 Hot Bods e-book.
5. Look for the question in the contest page near the story "8 tips to staying healthy".
6. E-mail your answer to email@example.com using the header "100 Hot Bods Contest".
7. The contest closes on Aug 17. Winners will be informed via e-mail. Get the contest details and terms and conditions in 100 Hot Bods.
The ST Star app is an extension of The Straits Times Appreciates Readers (Star) programme, an ongoing effort to reach out to readers and the community.
Along with 100 Hot Bods, the app is home to an interactive monthly lifestyle magazine called The Life, which has articles on style, design, pursuits, travel and food. The second issue of the magazine was launched on July 25 and is free to download.
Other e-books will also be published in the ST Star app.