SINGAPORE - The 40-year-old woman allegedly involved in the fracas at Heng Long Teochew Porridge restaurant last month has been remanded at the Institute of Mental Health (IMH).
On Wednesday (June 7), the court heard that Pang Pei Pei, who is the mother of a five-month-old baby girl, has also made arrangements for her daughter's care.
On May 31, her lawyer K. Ravendra told District Judge Kan Shuk Weng that his client probably has post-natal depression.
Judge Kan then said that Pang told the investigation officer that she had gone to IMH for treatment, but did not follow up on it. She also did not take her medication.
Get The Straits Times
newsletters in your inbox
Pang was one of three people charged in court last week with performing a rash act at the eatery.
The other two are Tan Sung Meng, 46, and Ang Sim Poh, 48.
The trio are accused of throwing bowls, tables and chairs in the eatery at 3.45am on May 27.
Police are still investigating a fourth man, Mr Yeoh Keng Hock, 53.
The ruckus last month allegedly erupted after a group of diners became upset with the $28 bill they were given for their meal of porridge, pomfret and several side dishes.
According to a cleaner, the customers threw furniture and other items after arguing with a staff member.
An 80-second video of the incident was later uploaded online and showed at least three people picking up objects such as chairs before flinging them onto a food counter.
Ang and Tan, who are out on bail of $5,000 each, have had their cases adjourned to June 21. Pang will be back in court on June 20.
Those convicted of committing a rash act can be jailed for up to six months and fined up to $2,500.