Witness: I was forced to perform oral sex

IT sales manager also explains why she did not make police report

MS CECILIA Sue, the IT sales manager at the centre of former Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) chief Ng Boon Gay's corruption trial, described in graphic detail yesterday how he forced her to perform oral sex on him four times last year.

She teared at times as she told a district court that he wanted sex in parked cars and would force her head to his groin.

She said her encounters with the then director of the CNB happened at carparks at the Hort Park, Sentosa's Beaufort Hotel, the Singapore General Hospital, and Mount Faber, and usually after they had met for dinner or drinks. She said the sex acts lasted from "split seconds" to minutes.

The 36-year-old married mother of one said she did not like being forced to perform the act, but did not make a police report as she did not want to be disgraced, or hurt her family. Nor did she want to jeopardise her IT contracts with Ministry of Home Affairs agencies. The CNB comes under the ministry too.

Ms Sue had built up relationships with senior officials in some of these agencies over the years, and was known in the industry for having such close links.

Of Ng's requests for oral sex, she said: "I was irritated but didn't want to offend him as he's a high-ranking officer." He was previously head of the Criminal Investigation Department.

Describing him as a well-connected man, she added: "You never know what will happen if you offend someone like that. Better to make a friend than a foe."

Ms Sue added she would have done the sex acts "voluntarily" if she loved him, but all their encounters involved his "pushing" her to do it.

She said he apologised after the first time. She carried on meeting him and thought someone of his stature would keep his word.

Ng, 46, faces four counts of obtaining oral sex in exchange for showing favours when Ms Sue was a sales manager at Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) and Oracle Corporation Singapore. He can be fined up to $100,000 or jailed for up to five years on each charge.

His lawyers' position is that Ng - who was replaced as CNB chief in February - committed personal indiscretions but was not corrupt.

Ms Sue was spotted in the witness room of the Subordinate Courts at about 11.30am yesterday, and waited about four hours while the first witness and her former Oracle boss, Mr Leslie Ong, testified.

When the prosecution said at about 3.15pm that it wanted to call Ms Sue as the next witness, defence lawyer Tan Chee Meng objected because she had earlier been listed as the fourth of five prosecution witnesses.

"Criminal litigation is not ambush litigation," he said, urging District Judge Siva Shanmugam to adjourn the case till today so he could prepare. But the judge ruled that he expected both sides to be adequately prepared to question all witnesses.

The gallery was packed with reporters and members of the public when Ms Sue took the stand at about 4pm, dressed in a white blouse, black skirt and jacket.

For most of the two hours she was questioned by DPP Tan Ken Hwee, she kept her gaze fixed on the wall in front of her, hardly looking at him, Ng, or the public gallery where Ng's wife, Madam Yap Yen Yen, sat with family members. She was tearful and appeared distraught when answering questions about the four sex encounters. But she was composed when talking about the IT products she marketed.

It emerged that she and Ng, whom the defence claim were in a relationship since they met in a Tanjong Pagar pub in 2009, met on more than the four occasions which involved sex.

She said they were at lunch some time last year when Ng asked her: "When you want to take in?" When the prosecution asked her to elaborate, she replied that it was "pretty common knowledge" to mean to take in Ng's sperm.

Although she met up with him, she said there were times she felt uncomfortable and she said no when he asked her twice to see him at a Kranji chalet and to accompany him to Macau.

She was visibly upset at one point when DPP Tan pressed for details that led to the oral sex on Dec 9 last year, after Ng had asked her to stroke him.

"I can't remember. I don't want to remember," she said.

Referring to media coverage since news of the case broke in January, she teared up and said: "All the recent publicity has been killing me." The prosecution said on Tuesday that she had been diagnosed with depression.

The court adjourned at about 6pm. At least four men surrounded Ms Sue as she walked to a waiting car.

The trial continues today with the prosecution continuing with its questions for her. Ng's lawyers will then cross-examine her.