SINGAPORE-A 42-year-old man believed to be responsible for several cases of theft from vehicles in Jurong between March and April this year has been arrested, the Police said in a news release on Thursday.
Following reports of the theft, officers from the Jurong Police Division conducted investigations. The man was subsequently arrested on April 8 along Boon Lay Drive.
If convicted of the offence of Theft from Vehicle, he could be jailed for up to three years and liable to a fine, or both.
Police would like to advise the public to adopt the following crime prevention measures:
- Secure windows and doors of vehicles at all times
- Do not leave valuables such as cashcards, laptops, mobile phones, briefcase or wallets in your vehicle
- Remove cash card from the In-Vehicle Unit (IU)
- Install an anti-theft alarm system
- Look around for suspicious characters before leaving. If you see any suspicious characters, take note of their appearance, clothing, height, or any other distinctive physical features and inform the Police. Do not confront them.