SINGAPORE - A committee has been formed to help spread the message of life-long learning among Singaporeans.
The Lifelong Learning Council, which consists of private and public sector leaders and was set up by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA), will provide counselling and guidance. It will also facilitate partnerships among stakeholders to promote learning.
This was announced by Senior Minister of State for Manpower and Health Amy Khor at a WDA event at Jurong Point on Thursday .
The 15-member Council is chaired by Mr Tan Kay Yong, the former vice-president at drug giant GlaxoSmithKline. They have been appointed for a two-year term.
The members of the Council are:
1. Mr Tan Kay Yong, former vice president, GlaxoSmithKline (Chairman)
2. Mr Allen Law, CEO, Park Hotels Group
3. Ms Betty Lau, Global Learning Director, Unilever
4. Mr Kuah Boon Wee, Group CEO, MTQ Corporation
5. Ms Elaine Yew, Managing Partner, Egon Zehnder Singapore
6. Ms Soh Swee Ping, CEO, Council for Third Age
7. Mdm Tuminah Sapawi, CEO, Mendaki
8. Mr Patrick Teo, General Secretary, Building Construction and Timber Industries Employees' Union
9. Ms Han Yong May, Associate Editor-cum-News Editor for Lianhe Zaobao, Singapore Press Holdings
10. Ms Sharon Au, Head of styleXstyle, Fashion Segment Senior Manager, Publishing Division, MediaCorp
11. Mr Mohamed Ismail Gafoor, CEO, PropNex Realty
12. Ms Ho Peng, Director-General Education, Ministry of Education
13. Professor Cheong Hee Kiat, President, SIM University
14. Ms Elaine Ng, CEO, National Library Board
15. Mr Ang Hak Seng, Chief Executive Director, People's Association