SINGAPORE - Battlestar Galactica, the star attraction in Universal Studios Singapore (USS), will reopen early next year after a hiatus that lasted more than a year.
Resorts World Sentosa (RWS), which manages USS, said on Friday that the world's tallest duelling roller coaster will make its comeback with a new design.
The ride's four-seater vehicles will be gone and replaced by two-seater vehicles.
The change in vehicle design is to allow riders to feel closer to the experience, RWS said in a statement.
"It will be as if every rider has their own window seat," said Mr John Hallenbeck, senior vice-president of attractions at RWS.
The Battlestar Galactica, USS' star attraction, was closed on July 21 last year for what RWS called an "attraction review". RWS did not elaborate further.
In its statement on Friday, the group said the ride will reopen after an extensive review of all its components and systems. Routine tests with the new vehicles are being run, and USS will announce the launch date soon, it added.
The 90-second ride, which has sharp turns, vertical loops and can go as fast as 90kmh, had been bogged with problems and closures since its early days.
WATCH: A 2010 video showing a first-person account of the ride
In March 2010, just a week after USS opened, a seat fell off due to a technical glitch. While no one was hurt, the ride's licence was suspended immediately.