Consumers have been advised not to eat Yangban brand Korean-made rice porridge with abalone after it was found to contain a harmful bacteria.
In a statement on Wednesday, the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA) also informed importers to recall the product from sale immediately.
It comes after the Canadian Food and Inspection Agency told the International Food Safety Authorities Network that it had recalled a batch of the same product.
The batch was found to contain the bacteria Clostridium botulinum, which produces a neurotoxin that can cause the rare but potentially life-threatening disease botulism.
Symptoms associated with the ingestion of contaminated food include nausea, vomiting, fatigue, dizziness, blurred or double vision, dry mouth, respiratory failure and paralysis.
The AVA advised customers who have bought the product to discard it or return it to the retailer.