SINGAPORE - The Ministry of Communications and Information (MCI) has come up with a list of things to note for members of the public wishing to pay their last respects to Mr Lee Kuan Yew at Parliament House.
As at 11pm on Thursday, the wait time is seven hours.
Here are the 10 tips:
1. Check http://www.rememberingleekuanyew.sg website and listen to radio for hourly updates on waiting duration before deciding to head to Parliament House.
2. Check weather forecast.
3. Bring water. You can also approach ground personnel for water.
4. Bring some light snacks.
5. Bring umbrella or poncho.
6. Bring mobile phone power bank.
7. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
8. Go with your family and friends.
9. If you're not feeling well or on medication, consider visit a community site near you (http://www.rememberingleekuanyew.sg/).
10. If you're waiting to pay your respects and not feeling well, please ask for assistance immediately. Stop and take a rest. Consider asking those waiting with you to hold your spot in the queue until you feel better.