Candidate's firm looking into refund complaints

A police report was lodged last month against Raistar Entertainment, an events management firm owned by potential SingFirst candidate Fahmi Rais.

The report was circulating yesterday on messaging platforms such as WhatsApp.

In June, Raistar cancelled a concert that was to be held that month, at the Hard Rock Hotel in Resorts World Sentosa, due to poor response, but the report alleged that the firm did not make prompt refunds.

Mr Fahmi, speaking to The Straits Times yesterday, said the firm is still trying to make the refunds. "Whenever the company cancels concerts, we make losses. We are working on paying everyone back."

According to a post on Facebook two months ago, fewer than 90 people bought tickets to a concert by Indonesian boy band Coboy Junior. Raistar was aiming to sell 1,000 tickets.

"The amount collected from tickets sold is insufficient to even pay for the venue, not to mention the artistes, flight, local transport, meals and hotel," the post said.

"We seek your patience as we raise the amount. We guarantee... all tickets will be refunded."

Aw Cheng Wei

A version of this article appeared in the print edition of The Straits Times on August 29, 2015, with the headline 'Candidate's firm looking into refund complaints'. Print Edition | Subscribe