Saturday, Sep 20, 2014Saturday, Sep 20, 2014
World
 

Second 'bombing' in Nigeria's Kaduna kills at least 17: Rescue agency

Published on Jul 23, 2014 11:50 PM
 

LAGOS (AFP) - A second blast on Wednesday in Nigeria's northern city of Kaduna has killed at least 17 people, the national rescue agency said, after an earlier suicide attack in the city killed at least 25.

"We are still working on the figures but so far we have 17 dead," said Musa Illela, a Kaduna-based official with the National Emergency Management Agency, referring specifically to the second attack which he described as "a bomb blast."

Military officers walk past a scene where a bomb exploded in Kaduna, north of Nigeria on July 23, 2014. A second blast today in the city has killed at least 17 people, the national rescue agency said, after an earlier suicide attack in the city killed at least 25. An around-the-clock curfew was announced for the city after the bombings. -- PHOTO: AFP

Videos