Sunday, Mar 29, 2015Sunday, Mar 29, 2015
 

Carbon monoxide poisons 71 children at Quebec daycare

Published on Jun 18, 2014 6:49 AM
 

MONTREAL (AFP) - Seventy-one children at a Quebec daycare centre were rushed to hospital on Tuesday with carbon monoxide poisoning, authorities in Canada said.

Workers at the daycare in Saint-Eustache, 45km north-west of Montreal, called for help after they and several of the children began vomiting and complaining of violent headaches.

Symptoms in only a few of the children were initially dismissed because daycare staff believed they could be signs of flu.

But they quickly realised something was seriously wrong when they too began to fall ill, Quebec government minister Francine Charbonneau told a press conference.

 
Enjoy 2 weeks of unlimited digital access to The Straits Times. Get your free access now!

Videos