Around 300 killed in December 30 DR Congo clashes: Rights group
Published on May 22, 2014 9:24 PM
KINSHASA (AFP) - More than 300 people, mostly civilians, were killed during clashes in the Democratic Republic of Congo on Dec 30 last year, the Paris-based International Federation for Human Rights said on Thursday.
"Some 250" civilians and six soldiers died in the Katanga province in the south-east of the country, and another 71 civilians were killed in Kinshasa, said Sylvain Lumu, general-secretary of the League of Electors, a local group who helped compile the report.
The attacks took place on Dec 30 which saw a wave of coordinated attacks across several cities.