Saturday, Dec 20, 2014Saturday, Dec 20, 2014

World

 

Palestinian president Abbas condemns kidnapping of Israeli teens: Statement

Published on Jun 16, 2014 5:07 PM
 
Israeli soldiers man a checkpoint in the West Bank town of Hebron on June 15, 2014, as Israel broadened the search for three teenagers believed kidnapped by militants and imposed a tight closure of the town. Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas on Monday condemned the kidnapping of three Israeli teenagers, but also hit out at the massive Israeli crackdown aimed at finding those responsible, a statement said. -- PHOTO: AFP 

RAMALLAH, Palestinian Territories (AFP) - Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas on Monday condemned the kidnapping of three Israeli teenagers, but also hit out at the massive Israeli crackdown aimed at finding those responsible, a statement said.

"The Palestinian presidency... condemns the series of events that happened last week, beginning with the kidnapping of three Israeli youths," it said, also denouncing a massive wave of Israeli arrests during which a young Palestinian was killed near Ramallah overnight.

Videos