Thursday, Dec 25, 2014Thursday, Dec 25, 2014

World

 

Israel's army razes homes of Palestinians suspected of kidnap, murder of 3 teens

Published on Aug 18, 2014 8:26 PM
 
Palestinians raise Islamist Hamas movement flags on the top of what remains of the house of Hussam Qawasmeh, named by Israel as one of the suspects in the murder of three kidnapped Israeli teenagers a month ago. The Israeli army said on Monday it had destroyed the homes of two of three Palestinians suspected of involvement in the kidnapping and murder of three Israeli teenagers in June. -- PHOTO: AFP

JERUSALEM (AFP) - The Israeli army said on Monday it had destroyed the homes of two of three Palestinians suspected of involvement in the kidnapping and murder of three Israeli teenagers in June.

Israel has named three Palestinians from the southern city of Hebron as being behind the abduction - Hossam Qawasmeh, who was arrested in July, and Marwan Qawasmeh and Amer Abu Eisha - both of whom are still at large.

"Overnight, as part of the ongoing mission to combat terror in the region, security personnel demolished the residences of Hossam Qawasmeh, and Amer Abu Eisha, and sealed off the residence of Marwan Qawasmeh in Hebron," an army statement said.

The homes of Marwan Qawasmeh and Abu Eisha had been partially destroyed by the army on July 1, a day after the teens' bodies were found, Palestinian witnesses told AFP at the time. At the scene, an AFP correspondent confirmed the demolition of two of the houses and said a third had been sealed off with concrete.

 
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here

Videos