Israel allows settlers back into contested West Bank home
Published on Apr 13, 2014 10:19 PM
JERUSALEM (AFP) - Israeli Defence Minister Moshe Yaalon on Sunday approved the return of Jewish settlers to a contested house in the West Bank city of Hebron, his office said.
The Supreme Court ruled last month that settlers were the lawful owners of the building in the heart of the occupied Palestinian city, ending a legal dispute lasting nearly seven years.
"Following the court decision... Defence Minister Moshe Yaalon today (Sunday) approved habitation of the house," his office said in a statement.
It added that the area military instructor had been told to allow "a limited number of families to the house".
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here