Fifteen bodies recovered after attack on refugee convoy in Ukraine: Military
Published on Aug 19, 2014 3:45 PM
KIEV (Reuters) - Fifteen bodies have so far been recovered from the site of Monday's rocket strike on a refugee convoy of buses and cars in eastern Ukraine, a military spokesman said on Tuesday.
"By 7pm last night we retrieved 15 bodies... The search continued into the night and is continuing today," the spokesman Andriy Lysenko told Reuters.
The attack occurred near the city of Luhansk, close to the border with Russia, in an area where there had been intense artillery exchanges between government forces and pro-Russian separatists.
The Kiev military blamed the attack on the rebels, but they have denied responsibility. At least one rebel leader suggested no attack had occurred.
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here