Friday, Oct 24, 2014Friday, Oct 24, 2014
World
 

Father of Juventus striker Carlos Tevez kidnapped, released after ransom paid: Reports

Published on Jul 30, 2014 11:23 AM
 
Police stand near the home of Juan Alberto Cabral, father of Juventus' soccer player Carlos Tevez, in Buenos Aires on July 29, 2014. The father of Juventus striker Carlos Tevez was kidnapped in Buenos Aires on Tuesday before being released following the payment of a ransom, according to local media. -- PHOTO: REUTERS

BUENOS AIRES (REUTERS) - The father of Juventus striker Carlos Tevez was kidnapped in Buenos Aires on Tuesday before being released following the payment of a ransom, according to local media.

Reports said the footballer had initially looked to fly from Turin, where he is in pre-season training, to Argentina on hearing the news of the kidnapping but he remained in Italy.

Tevez said on Twitter that his father had been released without harm.

"I thank everyone for their support always. I'm able to tell you my father is ok, safe and sound. That's what's most important," he said on his Twitter account (@carlitos3210).

 
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here

Videos