Outpouring of sympathy for Brazilian star striker Neymar, but Argentinian fans mock him
Published on Jul 6, 2014 10:44 PM
When Colombia right-back Camilo Zuniga kneed Neymar in the back and fractured one of his vertebrae, it was a crack heard all around the world.
Such was the outpouring of sympathy for Brazil's star striker, who will now miss the rest of the World Cup.
From politicians to teammates to star players, it seems like Neymar's misfortune has tugged at their heartstrings. Unless you are from Argentina, where the fans gloated about it.
Here is a compilation of the reaction to Neymar's injury. But rest assured, he'll be back after the break.
1. The man himself is teary-eyed as he released this video message to thank his fans for their support and well wishes:
2. Brazil president Dilma Rousseff wrote a letter to express her heart break:
— Mark Chapman (@markchapman) July 5, 2014
3. Neymar's Barcelona teammate and Argentina superstar Lionel Messi posted this message on his Facebook page:
4. Brazil defender David Luiz tweeted these touching words to his "brother":
O Brasil inteiro tá contigo irmão! Te amamos Neymar. The whole of Brazil is with you brother! We love you Neymar. pic.twitter.com/9r1RrBI2fx
— David Luiz (@DavidLuiz_4) July 5, 2014
5. But Argentina fans prefer to laugh at Neymar's bad luck as they chanted and brandished a plastic spine to mock the crocked striker: