Tennis: Wimbledon champion Bartoli rules out comeback
Published on May 1, 2014 1:46 AM
LONDON (AFP) - Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli will play the Liverpool grasscourt exhibition event in June but insists she has no plans to make a full-time comeback to the sport.
The 29-year-old Frenchwoman, who was a shock champion at Wimbledon last year, quit the sport just a month after, blaming the toll the tour was taking.
Despite agreeing to sign up for the pre-Wimbledon exhibition event to be staged at Liverpool University from June 19-22, Bartoli said it would be a one-off appearance.
When asked about a full-time comeback, Bartoli told the British Press Association: "It's not going to happen!"
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here