Tennis: Nadal to make US Open decision 'next week'
Published on Aug 16, 2014 6:32 AM
PARIS (AFP) - Rafael Nadal, who has been sidelined with a right wrist injury, will decide early next week whether or not to play in the US Open where he is defending champion, his management said Friday.
"Decision on US Open participation for @RafaelNadal postponed till early next week. No decision today or tomorrow," tweeted a spokesman for B1PR, the Spanish star's representatives.
World number two Nadal was forced to pull out of the Toronto and the ongoing Cincinnati Masters with a wrist injury at the end of last month.
The 28-year-old winner of 14 Grand Slam titles said he had hurt his right wrist in training and needed up to three weeks rest.
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here