Friday, Sep 19, 2014Friday, Sep 19, 2014
Sport
 

Formula One: Red Bull appeal against Daniel Ricciardo disqualification rejected

Published on Apr 15, 2014 5:37 PM
 
Formula One team Red Bull's appeal against Daniel Ricciardo's (pictured) disqualification from the Australian Grand Prix has been rejected by the International Court of Appeal, the International Automobile Federation (FIA) said on Tuesday, April 15, 2014. -- FILE PHOTO: REUTERS

PARIS (REUTERS) - Formula One team Red Bull's appeal against Daniel Ricciardo's disqualification from the Australian Grand Prix has been rejected by the International Court of Appeal, the International Automobile Federation (FIA) said on Tuesday.

"The Court, after having heard the parties and examined their submissions, decided to uphold the Decision No. 56 of the stewards by which they decided to exclude Infiniti Red Bull Racing's car No. 3 from the results of the 2014 Australian Grand Prix," The FIA said in a statement.

Australian Ricciardo finished second in his home race last month, his debut for the world champions, but was disqualified hours later when stewards ruled his car had breached new fuel flow regulations. No further sanction against Red Bull was announced.

The hearing took place at the FIA headquarters in Paris on Monday with representatives from the federation and Red Bull arguing their case for almost six hours.

 
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here

Videos