Football: Suarez admits to seeking help after third biting incident
Published on Aug 20, 2014 6:42 AM
BARCELONA (AFP) - Barcelona striker Luis Suarez said he has received professional help after receiving a four-month ban for biting an opponent for the third time in his career when he clashed with Italy's Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup.
Suarez made his debut for the Catalans in a 6-0 friendly win over Mexican side Club Leon on Monday, Aug 18, 2014, but will not be able to play a competitive game for Barca until late October after his appeal against the ban was thrown out by the Court of Arbitration for Sport last week.
"The suspension is what it is and I have to accept it, it is a personal matter but I have worked with the adequate professionals," the Uruguayan said at his first press conference as a Barca player on Tuesday.
"I have tried to forget this game and this situation as well. It is a difficult moment for me and I would say to all the fans to not worry because I am not doing that anymore."
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
Enjoy 2 weeks of unlimited digital access to The Straits Times. Get your free access now!