Young readers can tell their Singapore story in scrapbook
STep: My Year In The News has 50 weeks of fun in run-up to nation's 50th birthday
Published on Aug 19, 2014 6:10 AM
Get ready for a jubilant year of story-making adventures with the STep: My Year In The News scrapbook folder in the countdown to the nation's grand celebrations next year.
The multi-award winning team behind IN and Little Red Dot will get you creating stories about your favourite foods, Singapore's most legendary landmarks, even help you uncover the tale of "How I Met Your Grandmother".
Activities, pegged to the news, will be unveiled over the course of the year, and e-mailed to all buyers of the STep scrapbook over 50 weeks. They will include learning journeys and ways to get young pepple thinking about values, as well as language and heritage projects.
By the end, young readers' stories will reside alongside Singapore's own for a keepsake that is uniquely theirs.
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here
Where to get the scrapbook
The STep: My Year In The News scrapbook folder is available for $14 at major bookstores, including:
- Popular (27 outlets). Call the Bras Basah Complex outlet on 6338-2339.
- Kinokuniya (four outlets). Call the Ngee Ann City outlet on 6737-5021.
- MPH (four outlets). Call the Parkway Parade outlet on 6348-0381.
- Times Bookstores (six outlets). Call the Centrepoint outlet on 6734-9022.
- Times Travel (nine outlets). Call the Changi Airport Terminal 2 outlet on 6545-1469.
Schools that make bulk purchases will enjoy accompanying hands-on scrapbooking workshops and other promotions.