Saturday, Aug 23, 2014Saturday, Aug 23, 2014
Singapore
 

Man suffers burns at barbecue restaurant

Waitress squeezed gel fuel into an open flame, sparking 'explosion'

Published on May 21, 2014 9:07 AM
 

SINGAPORE - A man was burned when flammable gel ignited and landed on him at a barbecue restaurant in Chinatown on Sunday night.

This comes after a woman suffered burns from a small culinary torch during a Mother's Day lunch on May 11.

Mr Paul Wang Baoshuang, 37, a polytechnic lecturer, was having dinner with two friends at Zhong Hua Bao Ding in South Bridge Road on Sunday night.

When he requested help because the fire warming a dish was dying out, a waitress squeezed gel fuel into the open flame, he said.

 
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here

Videos