Saturday, Nov 29, 2014Saturday, Nov 29, 2014
Singapore
 

Blogger Roy Ngerng misled PM Lee, public a second time: Davinder Singh

Published on May 27, 2014 2:35 PM
 

Singapore - Blogger Roy Ngerng has "misled" Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and the public a second time and "further aggravated the injury and distress" to Mr Lee by failing to remove a Youtube video as promised, and sending two e-mails sharing links to posts he was to have taken down on Monday, Mr Lee's lawyer said in a letter on Tuesday.

In the letter sent on Tuesday morning, Mr Davinder Singh said Mr Ngerng, 33, had misled the PM and the public for the first time when he apologised last Friday for his May 15 post alleging that CPF funds had been misappropriated, and undertook to remove the post and all links to it and to not make further allegations to the same effect. Mr Ngerng however, had "no intention of honouring them", said Mr Singh.

On Monday, Mr Ngerng misled PM Lee and the public a second time when he promised to remove a YouTube video, but failed to do so. The video, originally uploaded on May 24, was instead made private. This, said Mr Singh, means that Mr Ngerng "continues to make it available to a select group of people".

Mr Lee had on Monday agreed to Mr Ngerng's request that the deadline for him to write in with an offer of damages and costs be extended. That was based on Mr Ngerng's promise to take down four blog posts and a video by 5pm Monday, and not to "further aggravate the injury and distress" to Mr Lee in a similar manner.

 
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here

Videos