South Asian man planning terror attacks in India nabbed
Published on May 15, 2014 6:25 PM
PETALING JAYA (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - A South Asian man has been detained for terrorism activities and allegedly planning to attack foreign consulates in India.
Bukit Aman Special Branch Counter Terrorism Unit picked up the man at about 11.15am on Wednesday following a raid in a housing area in Kepong.
Deputy Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Mohd Bakri Zinin said the man is believed to be involved in a plan to attack foreign consulates in Chennai and Bangalore in India.
He said the unit had been monitoring the man since December last year after "we discovered that he was involved in planned terror attacks."
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here