Chinese tourists will return to Malaysia, assures China envoy
Published on Apr 11, 2014 10:03 AM
PETALING JAYA (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Chinese tourists will return to Malaysia once the MH370 crisis and the kidnapping of one of its nationals in Sabah have been resolved, said Malaysia's Tourism and Culture Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Nazri Abdul Aziz.
This assurance, said Mr Mohamed Nazri, was given to him by Chinese Ambassador to Malaysia Dr Huang Huikang during a meeting with 15 MPs on Thursday.
He said the envoy had stressed that the current situation was only temporary, adding that so far, 30,000 Chinese nationals had cancelled their trip to Malaysia.
"He (Dr Huang) has told us that he will do his best to bring back tourists from China when the time is right," Mr Mohamed Nazri told reporters.
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here