After MH17 tragedy, Australia assures search for MH370 goes on
Published on Jul 23, 2014 3:35 PM
SYDNEY (AFP) - Australia said the search for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 continued uninterrupted Wednesday, even as the head of the search coordination agency was sent to Ukraine to help with the MH17 tragedy.
Australia leads the multinational search for MH370 which disappeared on March 8 carrying 239 people and is believed to have crashed in the southern Indian Ocean.
It has also been drawn into the latest incident to befall Malaysia Airlines, with 28 nationals and at least nine permanent residents onboard MH17 which was apparently shot down last week in Ukraine.
"The search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, which disappeared on 8 March on a flight to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur, continues uninterrupted," Deputy Prime Minister Warren Truss said.
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here